Area Business Manager
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning “pertaining to life.” It signals our company”s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend on.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact.Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of “@zoetis.com”. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.Location: Michigan POSITION SUMMARYWe are seeking a highly capable individual for Area Business Manager (ABM), US Companion Animal Division (CAD). Primary responsibilities include leadership and development of colleagues, while utilizing solution coaching, and business planning capabilities to execute overall strategies to maximize sales performance within the assigned geography. The ABM will lead and model Zoetis Core Beliefs within the team and company.This position will require travel throughout the designated geography and may require overnight stays.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES Primary responsibilities include leadership and development of colleagues, while utilizing solution coaching, and business planning capabilities to execute overall strategies to maximize sales performance within the assigned geography.This position will require travel throughout the designated geography and may require overnight stays.
Primary Responsibilities:Leading People * Lead and develop all colleagues in Area accordingly based on position. * Consistently demonstrate Solution Coaching capabilities * Direct the business activities and efforts of the area Territory Business Managers and Strategic Account Manager(s) to meet objectives set forth by management.
* Strategic account managers:
* Business Development and Account management in our highest potential largest volume, most complex and most influential strategic partners.
* Utilization of enhanced solution selling, territory management, and business planning capabilities to execute our strategies to maximize sales performance within the assigned geography * Coaching in identifying and transitioning between Business development and Account management activities.
* Leadership of strong collaborative relationships with all SAT members, customers and across Zoetis.
* Territory Business Managers:
* Development and execution of a territory business plan * Account management – demonstration of ability to retain business and identify new business for growth and potential * Product knowledge expertise * Attract, develop, evaluate, differentiate, and retain top talent through recruiting / hiring, ongoing coaching, proactive / effective use of both colleague development tools and performance management, and GPM performance ratings. * Spend 75% of available time on field-coaching days (~72 FCGs and / or ~100 days) to help TBMs and SAMs meet performance objectives by strengthening their core capabilities and professional development Sales Performance * Meet or exceed sales objectives (quota) both overall and for key growth products via development and coaching of SAMs and TBMs within targeted accounts * Successfully lead the launch of new products / services * Demonstrate success in other key sales metrics such as growth rates and improving the health of your area business by improving leverage and managing analytical insights reports. Leading the Business * Develop annual strategic business plans including demographics, economics, performance, potential, actionable items, tracking and reporting for the territories individually and the area overall. * Coordination and resource allocation of marketing efforts in the area, balancing needs of Strategic Account Managers and Territory Business Managers * Handling various administrative and reporting documents. * Attending and participating in new product launches and periodic regional/area sales meetings. * Performing special projects and other duties as assigned and directed by the Regional Business Director and/or headquarters management.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPSAbility to work in a cross-functional team-based environment, align with and influence internal and external stakeholders, and build / manage relationships at all levels of an organization. Adept at working in highly fluid, complex, and ever changing environments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Undergraduate degree (BS/BA) preferred * Success in previous roles including people leadership and creatively finding opportunities or solving problems to drive sales performance. * Excellent communication, interpersonal, business management and computer skills * Exemplifies what it means to be a change agent, continuous learner, and pushing self / others beyond dominant logic * Ability to work in a cross-functional team-based environment, align with and influence internal and external stakeholders, and build / manage relationships at all levels of an organization. * Adept at working in highly fluid, complex, and ever changing environments. * Uses analytics and insights to enhance decision-making and tactical execution across area. * Follow-through and attention to detail. * Ability to manage assigned expense budgets * Customer focused professional demeanor and presentation style. * Highly focused and results oriented, able to identify goals and priorities and resolve issues in initial stages. * Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a close team environment, self-starter * Animal Health experience and knowledge of companion animal veterinary medicine * Exhibit willingness to accept and incorporate feedback TECHNICAL SKILLS R