Aseptic Technician I
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning “pertaining to life.” It signals our company”s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend on.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact.Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of “@zoetis.com”. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.This Aseptic Technician I position is responsible for executing department specific tasks in accordance with all applicable cGMPs and compliant with Corporate/site procedures, regulations and policies.
Blending: Formulate and prepare vaccines for the filling department. Includes batching antigens and excipients together per our regulatory filings and local procedures in a clean room setting or other classified areas. Involves work with portable and stationary equipment, and steam. TCO: TCO works with Primary Chicken Embryo Fibroblast cells. Technician will start and finish a serial of vaccine (Prepare cell cultures, infect cells, harvest cells, blend serial and fill serial). Department takes embryos for further manufacturing. Filling/Lyophilization/ Capping: Fill vaccines into respective presentations. Includes running multiple fill lines per our regulatory filings and local procedures in a clean room setting. Lyophilizing vaccine and final capping of product. Involves working with portable and stationary equipment and steam.
Fermentation: Grow Bacteria following Manufacturing Directions from start to harvest. Includes starting and passing seed in clean rooms to growing seed vessels and production vessels along with inactivation of the Bacteria. Perform downstream processing which may include concentrations, homogenization, and centrifugation. This involves working with stationary and portable equipment and steam. Virus: Produce viral antigens in roller bottles and bioreactors in a clean room setting. Includes the preparation of continuous cell lines used for virus propagation and inactivation and concentration of viral fluids. Involves working with portable and stationary equipment and steam.
CEO: Produce egg based antigens in a clean room setting by using aseptic techniques and cleanroom procedures. OPI: Perform operations necessary in the Offsite Preincubation Area as well as Egg-Based and Poultry Antigen Production Areas using aseptic technique. This Manufacturing Support Technician I position is responsible for executing department specific tasks in accordance with all applicable cGMPs and compliant with Corporate/site procedures, regulations and policies.
Equipment Prep: Prepare equipment for aseptic and non-aseptic processes across multiple departments per our regulatory filings and local procedures. Involves work with dishwashers, autoclaves and steam.
Vessel Prep: Prepare equipment for aseptic and non-aseptic processes across multiple departments per our regulatory filings and local procedures. Involves work with dishwashers, autoclaves, steam, portable and stationary equipment.
* Execution of aseptic techniques and clean room procedures or support area procedures in a GMP facility. * Maintain appropriate departmental cGMP documentation. * Execute all written procedures, to include Batch Records and SOPs. * Follow and comply with all financial procedures * Follow and comply with all site safety procedures. * Operation of departmental equipment to include set up and take down. * Effectively work in a team environment and communicate with multiple departments.
Blending: * Stage inventory to consume into a blend by following manufacturing directions. * Use sseptic processing skills while working in a clean room to assemble a vaccine and/ or large volume vaccine assembly in a class D environment.
* Maintain accurate inventory.
* Set up, run, tear down of various equipment involved such as: scales, mills, homogenizers, pumps, transfer lines, tanks, etc. TCO: * Execution of aseptic techniques and clean room procedures. * Maintain appropriate departmental GMP documentation. * Execute all written procedures, to include Batch Records and SOPs. * Follow and comply with all site safety procedures. * Operation of departmental equipment to include set up and take down. * Effectively work in a team environment and communicate with multiple departments Filling:
* Clean room gowning required. * Aseptic processing skills necessary while working in a small team while in a clean room setting. * Set up, run (filling) and tear down of fill line equipment. * Maintain accurate inventory.
* Load/ unload freeze dryers to complete the lyophilization process when applicable. * Capping: Applying an aluminum seal when applicable. Fermentation: * Follow good GMP practices. * Clean room gowning required. * Perform Aseptic processing skills while working in a clean room setting. * Preventive Maintenance of Seed and Production Vessels. * Maintain accurate inventory.
* Follow Manufacturing Directions Virus: * Perform environmental monitoring and staging of clean rooms. * Perform accurate cell counts. * Manipulate roller bottles. * Operate, clean and sanitize concentration units. * Operate and maintain bioreactors. * Monitor and respond to BMS (Building Management System) alarms. * Accurately document production activities on paper and in computer based systems CEO: * Perform and/or lead operations necessary in the Egg-Based and Poultry Antigen Production Area using aseptic technique. * Perform chick embryo or