Aseptic Technician II
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning “pertaining to life.” It signals our company”s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.This Aseptic Technician II position is responsible for executing department specific tasks in accordance with all applicable cGMPs and compliant with Corporate/site procedures, regulations and policies.
Blending: Formulate and prepare vaccines for the filling department. Includes batching antigens and excipients together per our regulatory filings and local procedures in a clean room setting or other classified areas. Involves work with portable and stationary equipment, and steam. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
* *Execution of aseptic techniques and clean room procedures or support area procedures in a GMP facility. * Maintain and edit, as appropriate, departmental cGMP documentation. * Execute and lead operation to comply with all written procedures, to include Batch Records and SOPs. * Follow and comply with all financial procedures. * Follow and comply with all site safety procedures. Identify ways to improve the safety culture of the department. * Operation of departmental equipment to include set up and take down. Provide oversight as necessary. * Effectively work in a team environment and communicate with multiple departments.
Blending: * Stage inventory to consume into a blend by following manufacturing directions. * Use sseptic processing skills while working in a clean room to assemble a vaccine and/ or large volume vaccine assembly in a class D environment.
* Maintain accurate inventory.
* Set up, run, tear down of various equipment involved such as: scales, mills, homogenizers, pumps, transfer lines, tanks, etc. * Mentor / train colleagues as needed.
* Provide department oversight as requested including shift change, schedule changes etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school education or GED required. * Post High School education in the Sciences or other related disciplines preferred. * Previous experience in a manufacturing environment and / or Operator I level beneficial. TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
* Good mathematical, science and computer skills preferred. * Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills required. * Strong communication skills required. * Demonstrated leadership and decision making skills beneficial.