Aseptic Technician III
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning “pertaining to life.” It signals our company”s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.This Aseptic Technician III position is responsible for executing department specific tasks in accordance with all applicable cGMPs and compliant with Corporate/site procedures, regulations and policies. May lead department activities in the absence of the Team Leader.
Filling/Lyophilization/ Capping: Fill vaccines into respective presentations. Includes running multiple fill lines per our regulatory filings and local procedures in a clean room setting. Lyophilizing vaccine and final capping of product. Involves working with portable and stationary equipment and steam.
* Execute, lead and trouble shoot aseptic techniques and clean room procedures or support area procedures with a high level of understanding in a GMP facility. * Review, maintain and edit, as needed, appropriate departmental cGMP documentation. * Execute and lead operation to comply with all written procedures, to include Batch Records and SOPs. * Follow and comply with all manufacturing, inventory and quality electronic systems as appropriate. * Follow and comply with all financial procedures. * Follow and comply with all site safety procedures. Identify ways to improve the safety culture of the department. * Operation of departmental equipment to include set up and take down. Provide oversight as necessary. * Assist in the preparation of daily production and work schedules. * Effectively work in a team environment and communicate with multiple departments.
Filling: * Clean room gowning required. * Aseptic processing skills necessary while working in a small team while in a clean room setting. * Set up, run (filling) and tear down of fill line equipment. * Maintain accurate inventory.
* Load/ unload freeze dryers to complete the lyophilization process when applicable. * Capping: Applying an aluminum seal when applicable. Mentor / train colleagues as needed.
* Provide department oversight as requested including shift change, schedule changes, document review, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school education or GED required. * Post High School education in the Sciences or other related disciplines preferred. * Previous experience in a manufacturing environment and / or Operator II level beneficial.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
* Good mathematical, science and computer skills preferred. * Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills required. * Strong communication skills required.Demonstrated leadership and decision making skills beneficial.