Calf & Heifer Sales Specialist- New York- Purina Animal Nutrition
Purina Animal Nutrition LLC (purinamills.com) is a national organization serving producers, animal owners and their families through more than 4,700 local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers throughout the United States. With an uncompromising commitment to animal excellence, Purina Animal Nutrition conducts industry-leading R&D initiatives that create and sustain a valued portfolio of complete feeds, supplements, premixes, ingredients and specialty technologies for the livestock and lifestyle animal markets. Species served by Purina Animal Nutrition include both large and small animals, including cattle, horses, swine, chickens, hamsters, gerbils and rabbits. Headquartered in Shoreview, Minn., Purina Animal Nutrition LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Land OLakes, Inc.
We are hiring a Calf and Heifer Sales Specialist to join our team in New York. In this role you will: – Provide leadership and support to an existing Purina Dairy sales team through guiding the calf and heifer products and programs. – Be responsible for increasing calf milk replacer and calf feed sales focusing on helping the Purina sales team grow their business. Support local sales people with calf expertise. – Manage some strategic accounts. – Have responsibility for being the conduit of information from the technical and research teams to the sales team. – Provide technical expertise and sales support on a daily basis. – Develop and implement a territory growth plan that aligns with expectations of Purina management. – Support event selling, feeder meetings, and execution of the promotions with the local sales team and dealers. – Provide technical information and training as requested for dealer and end user. – Implement product training and calf management protocols to the Purina sales team and dealer employees as approved by management.
– Bachelor degree in dairy or animal science preferred, other degrees considered.
– Experience in calf nutrition and calf management.
– MS, PhD, DVM degrees helpful but not required.
– Previous sales experience desired.
– Requires daily travel in an assigned geography with an expected 20% overnight travel.
– Microsoft Office and Salesforce 1software experience.
– Good time management and planning skills.
– Act with Integrity
– Deliver Results
– Ability to work within a team
– Business Acumen; solid communication skills; strong customer orientation
– Adaptability/Flexibility; ability to take initiative
– Conflict Management
– Appetite to work on an advance degree. Masters level degree, PhD. or DVM desired
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land OLakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.