Chemical Operator III
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world?s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America?s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future
Where the Chemistry Happens?
Truckwell Operator ? Livonia, Michigan
An energetic, self-starter is being sought to join the Livonia operations team. The successful candidate will perform the tasks required to manufacture and package polyurethane specialties products in a safe, efficient and environmentally sound manner. The Livonia Truckwell Operator is responsible for the following:
– Following all safe work and operations policies and procedures while on duty at the site.
– Unloading bulk chemicals from tank trailers and railcars.
– Loading bulk chemicals to tank trailers.
– Ability to read and understand paperwork and computer instructions.
– Continuous and effective communication with co-workers and shift supervisors.
– Driving switcher tractor for moving tank trailers and box-van trailers on site. No CDL required.
– Driving fork trucks and moving pallets and totes of product throughout the plant.
– Operate plant equipment in a manner and condition to safely produce quality product.
– Maintain housekeeping and 5S practices at an excellent level.
– Give an accurate and relevant turnover to relief operator in both verbal and written formats.
– Perform equipment, safety and other required checks or inspections in an accurate, neat and timely manner (e.g. plant safety check lists, area inspections, respirator and mobile equipment inspections).
– Properly handle all waste (hazardous and non-hazardous) and associated paperwork according to regulations and BASF policies.
– Active participation in Livonia site safety and EHSQ programs including the site?s Exposure Reduction Program.
– Using required Personal Protective Equipment, including a full-face cartridge respirator, when necessary.
Fixed non-rotating shifts. 40-hour work week plus overtime opportunities:
3rd Shift: Sun ? Fri, 10:30 PM ? 07:00AM OR 2nd Shift: Mon ? Fri, 2:30 PM ? 11:00 PMBasic Qualifications: – High School Diploma or GED- Minimum 1 year of Chemical industry experienceis preferred Preferred Qualifications: ? – Willingness and ability to adapt to change and cross-train in allareas of the site as needed? – Competencies of accountability and ownership? – Mechanically inclined andable to complete minor maintenance? – Ability to learn and perform a variety of tasks in support ofplant operations including training and safety initiatives? – Coordination with people and teams within the site and beyond;good team player? – Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills? – Effective time management and organizational skills to efficientlymanage daily activities? – Accurately performs basic math The physical effort required to perform this position includes: – Ability to lift 50 lbs.- Ability to push 150 lbs.- Bending, stooping, climbing- Lifting, pouring chemical material- Standing, reaching while lifting pipes and hoses- The ability to work at heights wearing fall protection equipment- Ability to work with exposure to weather elements (e.g. heat,cold, rain, snow, etc) We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, geneticinformation, or any other characteristic protected by law. BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accreditedby the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.