Customs Trade Compliance Manager – Diagnostics Business
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning “pertaining to life.” It signals our company”s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend on.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact.Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of “@zoetis.com”. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.POSITION SUMMARY The Customs Trade Compliance Manager will act as the center of expertise in Customs and international trade compliance activities to support Zoetis Global Diagnostics business. This position has direct responsibility for the planning, organization, direction, performance, control and implementation of solutions for Trade Compliance in Zoetis Global Supply Chain. The individual will be expected to develop and gain alignment with the Supply Chain Diagnostics Team on strategic opportunities and the corresponding initiatives within the Trade Compliance area. He/She will establish and maintain legally required international trade compliance programs and ensure harmonized trade processes globally. The incumbent will operate in conjunction with Trade Compliance teams in each market / site to establish, implement and enforce Zoetis corporate policies and procedures regarding imports and exports.
The responsibility includes the adequate development of colleagues and management of contracted resources maintaining a high level of engagement and accountability to achieve expected results. Ensures focus on action-oriented continuous improvement activities and the implementation of best practices.
* Ensure Customs import and compliance policies, procedures and programs are in place, procedures and programs. Lead implementation of new and amended compliance policies, procedures and programs as needed. Includes compliance activities that account for EU export regulations, U.S. anti-boycott and re-export regulations. * Perform compliance reviews of importing sites to measure and enhance compliance performance. Compliance reviews are quality-based and focus on implementation of effective corrective action and achievement of continuous improvement. * Partner with the global logistics security and compliance function to review and implement where justified supply chain security policies and procedures to ensure functional compliance with the Authorized Economic Operator and C-TPAT programs” security requirements.
* Optimize global tradeflow by identifying trade optimization opportunities, including tariff harmonization, inward processing relief, free-trade agreement participation, preferential management etc. * Manage and harmonize import and export customs tariff classification system for Zoetis global activities. * Manage and harmonize export control classifications and export licensing requirements for Zoetis global activities. * Ensure the completeness and accuracy of all necessary trade compliance data within the SAP GTS module * Analyse Global and National trade policy initiatives, including domestic and transnational legislation, and regulatory rulemaking to ascertain their potential impact to Zoetis Global operations and recommend a course of action to appropriate business management * Build and maintain relationships with companies within and outside the healthcare industry and advance the company”s trade agenda through industry associations and coalitions * As may be appropriate, represent the company and advocate in support of its trade policy agenda before legislative bodies, government agencies, and regional / international organizations. * Ensure talent acquisition and the training, coaching, and development of his/her team.Key Indicators * Accuracy of customs declarations identified in sample audits * Data accuracy within GTS * Success outcomes of external customs audits * Duty reductions delivered through Trade Optimization * Employee feedback ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS Internal: * Report to Global Trade Compliance Leader * Interact with:
* Diagnostics Commercial and Manufacturing organizations * US, EuAfME, CLAR, & APAC Intercompany Teams * Regional Customer Supply Service Teams * Market Logistics Quality * Market Logistics Operations * Finance (inventory, SOX controls)External: * 3er Party logistics (3PL) and freight forwarders * Government Agencies * Freight Forwarding Organizations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor”s/Master”s degree in International Business, Logistics or Operational Management or related field preferred or Extensive experience in International Trade and Customs or Customs consulting in the Diagnostics business context. * 5 – 10 years experience in International Trade and Customs or Customs consulting in the European or US context. Advanced knowledge of EU and US statutes, regulations and programs controlling and impacting the import and export of merchandise * Enterprise System Capabilities to sponsor implementation of SAP GTS module * Proficiency in English and preferably also in Dutch and French
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
* Strong management, organization, interpersonal, verbal, conceptual and presentation skills within a multinational environment * Ability to partner with business management * Ability to liaise with external regulators * Strategic vision * Tactical expertise * Ability to work with and understand key information technology requirements * Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to new laws and regulations PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENT