Diagnostic Solutions Consultant
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning “pertaining to life.” It signals our company”s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend on.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact.Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of “@zoetis.com”. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.ROLE DESCRIPTION:The Diagnostics Solutions Consultant (DSC) is a field based customer facing member of our sales team accountable for selling Zoetis diagnostic instruments, tests and associated products and services within an assigned US sales territory. The DSC will also be accountable for building and maintaining customer relationships to maximize customer retention. The DSC will achieve budgeted sales quotas within targeted accounts in assigned territory. DSC will update and maintain sales funnel and customer profile data within system. DSC will collaborate with the other Zoetis colleagues to achieve goals and support the diagnostics business.
Anticipated travel within assigned territory as required (up to 60%-70%). RESPONSIBILITES: * Develop and maintain thorough understanding of Diagnostic products and service. * Travel to offices of existing and prospective customers, with a target of 3-4 existing customers and 3-4 new business opportunities per day. (Extensive driving required as well as periodic overnight travel (approximately at 4-8 nights per month, depending on territory)). * Detailed documentation of all customer and prospect interactions via the online system. * Transport equipment to customer and prospective customer locations. * Lift, set-up and demonstrate diagnostic solutions, equipment and features. * Clearly explain the uses and benefits of diagnostic products and services; answer questions; effectively communicate “value proposition”.
* Secure purchase orders for diagnostic products and services. * Provide ongoing customer support, including assisting customers (in person and over the phone and via email) with product, technical or service concerns, making periodic customer courtesy calls, keeping clients informed of new products and services (including possible updates to existing instrumentation), and interfacing as needed with sales, accounting and technical staff to ensure customer questions and needs are timely addressed. * Work cooperatively with the Diagnostic Technical Specials to ensure strong customer service and enhance utilization. * Generate new business and new business leads, including placing instruments in competitor”s accounts, academia and research settings and gathering referrals from existing customers. * Support billing and collection efforts. KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE * Exemplifies early adopter behaviors for rapid learning ability. * Absorbs and applies technical information and demonstrates skilled technical sales capabilities. * Capably grows technical knowledge through relationships, creative solutions, and enhances customer loyalty. * Demonstrate expertise in veterinary terminology/science.
* Demonstrated skills selling capital equipment in physician and/or veterinary clinics. * Skilled at making presentations (including financial presentations) at all levels. Ability to transport, set-up and demonstrate equipment quickly and effectively.
* Balances strategic and tactical business requirements.
* Superior understanding of current and possible future market trends, sales initiatives, and information affecting the business and organization.
* Knows the competition and their value messaging. * Demonstrates an understanding of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. * Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, and time management skills. * Strong ability to multi-task and work independently. * Valid Driver”s License, clean driving record, auto insurance QUALIFICATIONS: * Minimum of 4 years of demonstrated sales experience, or relevant technical/clinical experience, preferably in the medical, scientific, or healthcare industry. * Minimum of an Associates degree (Bachelors degree preferred); preferably with a science or business emphasis or equivalent experience.