Engineering Support Specialist
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning “pertaining to life.” It signals our company”s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend on.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact.Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of “@zoetis.com”. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.Working within the Engineering and Reliability Maintenance environment, performs various duties in support of the Engineering, Maintenance, and Utility (EMU) department. The responsibilities for this position can encompass the following tasks and activities: PRINCIPLE DUTIES:Planning & Scheduling * Creates efficient preventive and corrective work order plans which focus on required resources (labor, material, special tools, diagrams, sketches, work procedures, regulatory procedures, permit identification, etc) so that Maintenance jobs can efficiently take place, unimpeded and without barrier the first time they are assigned. * Plans all future related work; develops schedules of upcoming work in the near and long term future; works with the Reliability Engineer in developing and maintaining Preventive / Predictive Maintenance programs; and recommends work schedules which balance and level Maintenance workloads in order to help optimize Maintenance labor utilization and internal production schedules. * Issues a variety of computer-based Planning and Scheduling informational and effectiveness reports for Maintenance and customer organizations. * Assist, where required, craftsman/enabling teams in determining if scope changes can be completed without disrupting schedule. * Maintains CMMS system accuracy with up to date Tasks, Material Lists, Work schedules and other essential work management data. * Recommends work schedules which balance and level Maintenance workloads and resources in order to optimize labor utilization * Maintains the Maintenance Scheduling System. * Issue scheduling informational and effectiveness reports for Maintenance and Operation organizations. * Maintains oversight of Total and Ready Backlog: Ready backlog – match work with equipment availability and Total backlog.Contract Administration * Oversees contracted partner groups in the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities / site services. * Gathers and reviews data concerning site services, facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility. Coordinates with customers and service providers in developing services requirements, job scope, layout and preparing schedules. * Reviews design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, services and other related costs. * Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules. * Responsible for developing purchase orders for both maintenance and engineering related activities. Provides monthly cost tracking per contract firm and expense categories. * Provides periodic inspection of services with each contract firm to ensure job scope and/or statement of work requirements are met.Engineering Planning * Develops, manages, communicates and executes maintenance / project plans and master schedules to effectively utilize plant resources (material, labor and capacity).
* Works closely with Operations, Project Engineering, Quality, and other internal and external customers to problem solve, resolve issues and ensure that detailed maintenance activity schedules (according to the requirements of the area, project load and maintenance activities) are met.
* Develops detailed plans for shutdowns, extensive equipment repairs and overhauls; maintains oversight of the job plan / task library within the CMMS; and provides high level resource and activity leveling. * Oversees and issues detailed shutdown schedules, informational and effectiveness reports, and job plan tasks for maintenance, project engineering, and partner organizations.
* Develops and identifies continuous improvement opportunities and leads cross-functional projects in support of plant objectives and goals with an emphasis on lean methodology and consistent with lean principles.
* Develops and monitors area shutdown planning as applicable and addresses capacity issues with both internal and external customers. Works closely with all site functions to develop procedures and work practices. Data Entry & Support * Maintain engineering databases to meet regulatory and reliability needs for instrumentation and equipment. Collect information, enter data, approve records, and other activities as required to assist the team to ensure GMP compliance.
* Act as a point of contact between the maintenance/technical teams and compliance/QA for providing technical support as it pertains to CMMS data integrity requirements.
* Provide guidance to technical and maintenance teams to ensure conformance on the use of compliance policies related to maintenance and change control.
* Perform research and technical writing in the support of these policies. Integrate information and compliance support for new engineering projects (new capital construction or demolition). * Be accountable for the maintenance of documentation and data systems used to facilitate reliability engineering programs.QUALIFICATIONS:
* High school diploma / general education degree (GED); Associate Degree (preferred) in Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical with 3 – 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment. * Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlo