Feed Sales Lifestyle Product Specialist – Grass Cattle, Horse & Show Feed- Purina Animal Nutrition Crockett, TX
Purina Animal Nutrition LLC (purinamills.com) is a national organization serving producers, animal owners and their families through more than 4,700 local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers throughout the United States. With an uncompromising commitment to animal excellence, Purina Animal Nutrition conducts industry-leading R&D initiatives that create and sustain a valued portfolio of complete feeds, supplements, premixes, ingredients and specialty technologies for the livestock and lifestyle animal markets. Species served by Purina Animal Nutrition include both large and small animals, including cattle, horses, swine, chickens, hamsters, gerbils and rabbits. Headquartered in Shoreview, Minn., Purina Animal Nutrition LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Land OLakes, Inc.
The Lifestyle Product Specialist – Grass Cattle, Horse & Show Feed will focus primarily on; cattle, horse, show, and lifestyle animal feed sales. This position offers consultative sales techniques which are utilized by calling on lifestyle animal owners within the Crockett,Huntsville, and Conroe,TXterritories to evaluate and assist them with their nutritional program; the position also involves organizing and conducting effective educational meetings for 4H clubs, saddle clubs, horse enthusiasts, vets, trainers, lifestyle show clubs, etc. to enhance brand image and sell product. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting educational meetings/events, selling events to build store traffic, completing approximately 25 farm calls per week, and annually growing sales and market share in the above categories.
Required (Basic) Experience & Education:
– Bachelor's degree in Animal Science, related field or equivalent experience.
– Strong background and previous professional experience with Cattle, Equine, Showand Lifestyle animals.
– Preference given to candidates with Cattle background.
Required Competencies & Other Skills:
– This position requires excellent verbal and written communication, focus, along with strong organization and time management skills.
– High internal drive, a natural ability for relationship building, and leadership in a team environment.
– Successful candidate should be competent in providing accurate feeding and management recommendations to lifestyle owners in the market serviced.
– Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office, necessary for success.
– Basic command of nutritional recommendations to beef and various lifestyle owners.
– Candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Preferred Competencies & Other Skills:
– Candidate has strong public speaking skills.
– Currently is involved with cattle,show or horse enthusiasts that have influence in the market.
– 3-5 years previous experience with cattle feed rations, sales and consulting.
Percentage of Travel: 15% over night travel, in addition to daily travel in the assigned geography.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land OLakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.