Sanderson Farms, Inc., founded in 1947, is engaged in the production, processing, marketing and distribution of fresh and frozen chicken and other prepared food items. Employing more than 15,000 employees in operations spanning five states and 17 different cities, Sanderson Farms is the third largest poultry producer in the United States. As a company, Sanderson Farms is committed to adopting a fresh approach in everything that they do. Not only where products are concerned, but companywide as well. Though the company has grown in size, it still adheres to the same hometown values of honesty, integrity and innovation that were established when the Sanderson family founded the company back in 1947. Hatchery SuperintendentPrimary Function:Provides leadership and supervises the pick-up, care and incubation of hatching eggs.Provides leadership and supervises the hatching processing and delivery of chicks.Provides consultation and direction necessary to enable supervisors to produce and deliver quality chicks.Performs administrative duties in collecting, preparing and maintaining records.Reviews reports and takes corrective measures. Major Responsibilities:Supervises and directs the work of supervisors; meets with supervisors daily to review equipment and personnel needs, egg setting times and chick haul times.Ensures Hatchery sanitation daily.Performs administrative duties in preparing reports, maintaining personnel records and hatchability records.Reviews maintenance, vehicle, chemical and other records.Directs safety program and holds safety meetings.Reviews egg farm pick-ups and chick delivery problems with Breeder and Broiler managers.Performs other duties as required. Key Working Relationships:Reports to Breeder-Hatchery Manager who provides general supervision, as well as specific assignments.Keeps Breeder- Hatchery Manager informed with timely and sufficient information on production.Maintains close and effective relationship with Accounting, Production, Shop, Rendering Plant and other Sanderson hatcheries.Work with external agencies such as OSHA, Health Department, Liberty Mutual, Employment Service, USDA, competitors and vendors in order to contribute to corporate objectives and foster effective relationships. Position Requirements:Academic: Four years of college or equivalent experienceExperience: Five years of progressive hatchery experience; in lieu, two to five years in other areas of poultry production.Personal: Identify with values, philosophy and mission of Sanderson Farms, Inc. Demonstrate ability to manage a diverse variety of activities simultaneously. Ability to control interpersonal relations, resolve conflicts and ability to give group presentations. Demonstrate communication skills. Sanderson Farms’ competitive benefits package includes comprehensive and affordable health care plans including medical coverage for individuals and families, free preventative care screenings, low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums, as well as $15 copays for generic prescriptions. Sanderson Farms pays 75 percent of the cost of employee health premiums while employees pay the remaining 25 percent as their premium. The company’s benefits package also includes a 401(k) Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Employees are eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan after only 90 days of employment. After the first year of employment, contributions to the 401(k) plan are matched dollar-for-dollar by the company on the first three percent of pay, and 50 cents on the dollar for the next two percent of pay. At no cost to the employee, Sanderson Farms also contributes to the Employee Stock Ownership Plan when approved by its Board of Directors. For 2018, Sanderson Farms’ Board of Directors authorized a $2 million contribution to the plan, giving the plan a total value of $130 million for the year. In addition to eight paid holidays, employees are eligible to earn up to 20 days of paid vacation time based on employee tenure. Sanderson Farms employees are also eligible for continuing education programs such as reimbursement for college tuition and high school equivalency exams after only one year of employment with the company. Sanderson Farms, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.Apply for this job.