Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning “pertaining to life.” It signals our company”s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.This position will support Medicated Feed Addiatives (MFA) business of Zoetis in Willow Island, WV. The Quality Control laboratory provides testing and release support for multiple sites in the MFA network, in addition to analytical support for contract manufacturing.
The duties of this postion include:
* Receives and prepares samples for analytical testing and initiation of stability studies.
* Performs physical testing of routine and non-routine samples without supervision including but not limited to raw materials, in process testing, finished good release and stability testing.
* Initiates stability studies, routinely remove stability samples from storage and prepare for analyses by QC Laboratory. * Supporst the site quality, safety and production needs and goals compliantly. * Works within cross-functional teams. * Completes all activities following site cGMP requirements and Zoetis Standards.
* Conducts laboratory activities related to experiments, studies, and projects in support of production, laboratory, or other Zoetis groups:
* Understands and follows GMP/GLP regulations. * Data maintenance and record keeping are in accord with GMP and SOPs * Supports laboratory operations using technical ability to run routine samples with limited supervision. Recognizes abnormal results and/or instrument problems and reports them to supervision. * Performs routine tests and experiments following compendial or standard procedures * May be assigned to projects dealing with special samples needing method modifications, with close supervision. * Sets up, adjusts and operates laboratory equipment such as balances, spin riffler and other laboratory equipment. * Maintains and follows Standard Operating Procedures dealing with their work area. * Records tests results on standardized forms and prepares reports describing procedures used. Prepares charts and graphs to assist in evaluation and interpretation of data. * Maintains a safe and clean working area, and assists others in same. * Will work with Technicians, Analysts and Management staff on a routine basis for the receipt and preparation of QC Release Samples and Stability study samples. * Follows good documentation practices. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: * High School degree or equivalent with approximately 3 to 5 years lab experience, preferably in an FDA regulated environment; or B.S. degree in a related scientific field. TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS: * Excellent attention to detail. * Ability to use and perform HPLC, AA, UV and other instrumental techniques. * Ability to Summarize and present data when necessary. * Ability to communicate with-in department. May contact vendors and/or external customers for administrative and technical information. * Ability to work weekends. * PC literate with the following applications: MS Excel, Word, Access