Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning “pertaining to life.” It signals our company”s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for managing the development, planning, implementation, and maintenance of raw material and in-process formulations and related processes for an biological intensive animal diagnostics manufacturing facility. Ensures the effective use of material, equipment, and personnel in producing quality products. Monitors and controls labor, raw materials, and capital expenditures. Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and procedures. Coordinates transfers new products from Manufacturing Technical Service to full scale production. Responsible for the timely Manufacture of Product; develops the formulations, ELISA plate, and lateral flow card spray manufacturing schedule from the Master Production Schedule and manufacturing documents for the manufacture of product components and subcomponents. The formulations schedule must ensure that all jobs are completed on time to allow for QC testing of WIP materials, support the Master Production Schedule, and to see that no delays in the production of final product occurs. Schedules formulations evaluations of all new lots of biologic materials to insure proper product performance is maintained. QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Proven leadership skills, the ability to motivate personnel at all levels * Solid understanding of biological manufacturing operations, processes and equipment * Excellent organizational and production planning skills including use of ERP systems * Practical and decisive decision making ability * Ability to methodically perform tasks associated with the production process * Strong interpersonal and communication skills. * Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications * Strong quality system skills including tracking, evaluation, problem solving and disposition * Effective training for performance skill set. * Ability to identify capital needs, evaluate options, complete ROI evaluations and effectively present options to management. * Ability to read/ write English and interpret documents such as general business periodicals/journals, technical procedures, government regulations, safety regulations, standard operating procedures, and corporate policy manuals.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Skills to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers and center functions.
* Ability to work with mathematical and statistical concepts.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and to deal with abstract and contract variables. * This position requires the ability to access all areas of the plant site to monitor production.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor”s Degree (BS) in a related field from an accredited institution. Minimum of 5 years of professional leadership experience in a manufacturing operation of similar scope and function. Minimum of 5 years biologics manufacturing/conversion experience required. Experience with SAP, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma is desirable. Diagnostic manufacturing experience highly desirable. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned): * Confers with site leadership, and master scheduler to establish specific goals and deliverables for site production. * Effectively aligns formulations and associated processes to site goals. Schedules, plans, coordinate, and organize operations to meet or exceed production goals. * Establishes and measures department”s performance and leads efforts towards process & productivity improvements.
* Analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational data to identify the root cause of nonconformity with product specifications or operational issues. Develops corrective action plans to address these issues.
* Coordinates production activities with all support functions, including purchasing, planning, maintenance, quality control, safety, etc. to optimize cross-functional efforts. * Supports validation processes by creating and executing protocols and preparing documentation. * Creates a culture of accountability and continuous improvement within production department by setting expectations, managing performance, and establishing open communication. * Maintains and promotes safe operations in the area of responsibility. Ensures safety of personnel and equipment. * Assures that all manufactured product meets or exceeds specifications. * Maintains environmental awareness, ensuring compliance with corporate standards and state and federal regulations. * Maintains a good state of housekeeping in the plant at all times. * Deliver training as required to insure continuous improvement of new and existing operators. * Must be trained on all operating positions and may be required to provide coverage when needed. * Oversee production vessel dish room * This position has responsibility for up to 14 scientist, associate scientists and production personnel. Carries out supervisor responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues though the Open Door policy.