National Swine Nutrition Consultant- Purina Animal Nutrition
Purina Animal Nutrition LLC (purinamills.com) is a national organization serving producers, animal owners and their families through more than 4,700 local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers throughout the United States. With an uncompromising commitment to animal excellence, Purina Animal Nutrition conducts industry-leading R&D initiatives that create and sustain a valued portfolio of complete feeds, supplements, premixes, ingredients and specialty technologies for the livestock and lifestyle animal markets. Species served by Purina Animal Nutrition include both large and small animals, including cattle, horses, swine, chickens, hamsters, gerbils and rabbits. Headquartered in Shoreview, Minn., Purina Animal Nutrition LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Land OLakes, Inc.
We are hiring a National Swine Nutrition Consultant to join our National Sales Team! In this role you will:
– Work with the largest Swine producers in the United States to sell nutrition and feed additives in a team selling environment
– Provide nutritional and technical sales support to National Swine Sales Specialists, and assigned end user accounts.
– Be the lead in nutrition and swine education for the sales team in a team selling environment.
– Participate with the tech team to develop, write, and support the implementation of research trials with the Purina Animal Nutrition and PMI Nutritional Additives, New Product Development Team.
– Be involved with creating and sharing new ideas and concepts that will change the paradigms of the swine industry, working to improve Purina Animal Nutrition image with commercial producers, the scientific community and swine industry.
– Maintain a high level of proficiency and competency in nutrition, production management, and selling skills through recommended training and verified by sales results.
-MS or PhD in swine nutrition is required
-3-5 years experience working with large end user swine accounts,and allied companies
-Enjoys and prefers working in the field with producers and sales teams
-Ability to travel- 50%
– A strong understanding of swine nutrition and formulation.
– Strong oral and written communication skills.
– Must be capable of building strong relationships and trust.
– Enjoys working with people and competing as a team.
– Self- motivated with excellent time management skills and plans for growth and opportunity
– Strong leadership skills; customer focused; Action oriented
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land OLakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.