New York Dairy Consultant- Purina Animal Nutrition
Purina Animal Nutrition LLC (purinamills.com) is a national organization serving producers, animal owners and their families through more than 4,700 local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers throughout the United States. With an uncompromising commitment to animal excellence, Purina Animal Nutrition conducts industry-leading R&D initiatives that create and sustain a valued portfolio of complete feeds, supplements, premixes, ingredients and specialty technologies for the livestock and lifestyle animal markets. Species served by Purina Animal Nutrition include both large and small animals, including cattle, horses, swine, chickens, hamsters, gerbils and rabbits. Headquartered in Shoreview, Minn., Purina Animal Nutrition LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Land OLakes, Inc.
We are hiring a Dairy Consultant to work in the New York territory! Position Purpose: Responsible for profitably increasing the Dairy market share and sales volume of feed and associated products to producers in the state of New York. In this role you will:- Work closely with Sales Professionals in providing education and solutions for dairy producers. – Work both individually and through Sales Professionals, helping dairy producers to mutually benefit by providing the right recommendations for nutrition and dairy management practices. – Provide leadership in nutrition and dairy education for the sales teams. – Partner in the organization and conducting of producer events that promote best practice for nutrition and management; including proof field trials to demonstrate the profitability of the Purina product line. – Communicate with the Purina technical team and research staff to lead innovative research and product development; both in the field and at the Purina Research Center in St. Louis, MO. – Maintain a high level of proficiency and competency in nutrition, production management, and selling skills through recommended training and verified by documented sales results. – Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned or requested.
– Master Degree in related field to dairy nutrition and/or dairy management
– 5+ years of active dairy management experience (Dairy Production and Dairy Nutrition)
– Previous sales experience desired
– Ability to travel up to 2 nights each week and travel daily within the geography
– Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
– Equally comfortable in a technical role and front line in the field with sales professionals and dairy producers
– Computer skills; including ration balancing and Office applications (Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.)
– Passion for the dairy industry; helping producers improve their bottom line
– Self-motivated with excellent time management skills who plans for growth and opportunity
– Strong interpersonal skills one and one, and in a group setting
– Strong Leadership Skills; customer focused and action oriented
– Act with Integrity; Deliver Results
– Ability to work within a team and helping all win (Purina, producers and the team)
– Adaptability/Flexibility; ability to take initiative
– Conflict Management
– PhD, DVM degree in related dairy nutrition/dairy management
– Ability to speak and communicate in Spanish
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land OLakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.