Packaging Operator (3rd Shift)
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning “pertaining to life.” It signals our company”s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.Responsibilities: * Operation and control of manufacturing/ packaging/ inspection machinery.
* Documents and monitors manufacturing / packaging / inspection operations.
* Participates in tasks such as basic setup, changeover of lines, etc. * Responsible for packaging activities. * Monitor, evaluate and adjust processes or equipment to maximize quality and efficiency.
* Maintain complete and accurate documentation of all tasks completed.
* Gowning and aseptic technique required in classified processing area * Effectively communicate with support personnel.
* Operate packaging equipment.
* Effectively communicate with shop floor colleagues and enabler support personnel to consistently achieve the production schedule. * Flexible hours, overtime and weekends as required. * Routine lifting of 20-40 lbs. * Prolonged periods of standing * The successful candidate will be handling beta-lactam/cephalosporin-containing products, and therefore must not possess sensitivity to this class of compounds. Qualifications: * High School diploma or equivalent, plus 6-12 months experience. * Language Skills – able to read and interpret detailed processes and procedures. * Math skills – Ability to apply general math skills. * Mechanical reasoning skills and experience in the use of various hand and power tools. * Must meet physical requirements of the job. * Technical school certificate or associates degree in technical field preferred. * Minimum of one year experience in a manufacturing environment. * Knowledge of Windows based applications and SAP * Forklift experience (standing or seated).