Plant Manager- Dairy
The Land OLakes Supply Chain & Operations division provides strategic leadership across the companys many business units. The team plays a significant role in fueling revenue growth and profitability through operational excellence, quality, process improvement and innovation. By partnering closely with Finance, Marketing and Human Resources, the team delivers value to Land OLakes business units, members and customers.
The Plant Manager provides overall direction for the Kozy Shack facility in all areas of safety, quality, cost, delivery and morale. Responsible for driving improved performance, customer relationships, plant asset utilization, and positive employee relations.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to developing and executing the site budget within corporate guidelines. Manage all plant resources to optimize profitability to meet or exceed internal and external customer expectations. Creating a positive work environment that supports continuous improvement, reinforces company philosophy and policies, and ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce. Develop the skills and capabilities of both salaried and hourly team members.
– 10-15 years progressive manufacturing experience with strong leadership qualities, proven history of delivering sustainable results and with demonstrated success in LEAN/Six Sigma/TMM and Employee/Labor Relations
– Bachelor's degree in Science/Food Science, Agriculture, Business Administration, Engineering or related education is required
– Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Be outgoing and authentic in order to build and sustain Member and Cooperative Relations
– Posses demonstrated history of people development and building bench strength
– Possess a passion for diversity and inclusion, including a proven record of accomplishment of leading diversity initiatives and delivering results
– Provides clear and strategic direction and executes with excellence
– Defines and presents to Operations Management the plant's viewpoints and recommendations on long-term operating goals and programs and drives performance in all key areas including Cost, Quality, Safety, People, and Environmental in order to drive profitability and customer requirements
– Prioritizes Human Safety and Food Safety as the First Priority
– Determines need for organizational changes to meet current budgetary and longer-term TMM operating objectives
– Possess solid financial background and experiences to understand daily, monthly, and annual to date impact of line efficiency, material yield, and labor productivity for the overall Plant, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain performance
– Lead the plant through Change Management processes in an effective and efficient manner
– Determines best course of action in problem solving for quality, logistics, sourcing, and engineering requirements in a matrixes organization
– Defines and directs activities in Employee Relations and other manufacturing policies and procedures
– Achieves results through Teamwork and positive influence
– Coaches and develops others
– Select, trains and develops employees at all levels and models Leadership through positive influence for the facility and across the organization
– Leads change and innovation
– Effective interaction and integration of support functions of Quality, Logistics, Sourcing, Human Resources and Community relations
– Prefer Master's degree in related field – Progressive manufacturing experience in a food or food-related facility
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land OLakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.