Product Development Specialist
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: This position will be responsible for the product development process for the HM.CLAUSE product line for a strategic group of vegetable crops in a defined region (Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana, Arkansas, North and South Carolina) , coordinating all activities of vegetable seed product development including trial results, securing approvals during the process, and finalizing all the processes before the product becomes pre-commercial (Status 2).POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:Evaluates new vegetable seed product characteristics in marketing utilizing effective and efficient trialing plan(s) that will identify vegetable seed products that should be recommended for advancement, in order to meet the current and future needs of customers within target markets, while providing a favorable return on investment. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Provide a link between marketing and sales to evaluate and identify new vegetable seed products that will meet the needs of the target customers in specific crops and region.
* Make recommendations to the Regional Business Manager and Technical Sales Representatives regarding new vegetable seed products to be advanced into the pre-commercial status (status 2), based on the Product Development trial results, as well as the ability of the product to meet customer needs.
* Develop the required product performance data to use in determining the value added benefits and features of a new product.
* Provide technical support to Sales, Product Managers, and customers regarding how to effectively use HMCLAUSE vegetable seed products.
* Maintain an in-depth understanding of the changing market trends and customer needs to effectively identify new vegetable seed products that will meet their needs, and will give HM.CLAUSE a competitive advantage in the market.
* Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding the competitor”s key vegetable seed products.
* Responsible for planting, transplanting, harvesting, evaluating data and providing evaluations and summary reports of the results.Education and/or Experience
* Requires a minimum of a B.S. in Agronomy or Horticulture, or equivalent field. * Minimum 3 years experience in the Vegetable industry preferred. * Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. * MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc)