Purina Animal Nutrition-Feed Sales-Livestock Production Specialist ? Beef Cattle- Craig, CO
Purina Animal Nutrition LLC (purinamills.com) is a national organization serving producers, animal owners and their families through more than 4,700 local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers throughout the United States. With an uncompromising commitment to animal excellence, Purina Animal Nutrition conducts industry-leading R&D initiatives that create and sustain a valued portfolio of complete feeds, supplements, premixes, ingredients and specialty technologies for the livestock and lifestyle animal markets. Species served by Purina Animal Nutrition include both large and small animals, including cattle, horses, swine, chickens, hamsters, gerbils and rabbits. Headquartered in Shoreview, Minn., Purina Animal Nutrition LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Land OLakes, Inc.
Position Purpose: The Livestock Production Specialist
Beef Cattle position is responsible to sell feed and all related products that will optimize the cooperative/dealer's market share and savings, improve the cooperative's/dealers efficiency, help achieve the cooperative/dealer's mission and goals, and result in outstanding customer service. This is done in conjunction with excellent counsel with markets beef cattle producers to improve their bottom line returns in partnership with the Cooperative/Dealer.
Required Experience & Education:
– Associate's level degree with preference given to candidates with a Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
– Candidate should have an understanding of cattle husbandry, current management practices, and nutritional guidelines, general market, and industry knowledge.
– A minimum of 3 years of experience in retail feed sales, livestock nutrition, marketing, and the execution of growth plan with proven success.
Required Competencies & Other Skills:
– Competent in providing accurate feeding and management recommendations to livestock owners in the market served.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required along with strong organization and time management skills.
– High internal drive, a natural ability for relationship building, and leadership in a team environment.
– Computer skills, specifically MS Office, plus the ability to be trained on ration balancing software, etc.
– Requires the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
– On farm interaction, in all-weather types at producer facilities for a walk through, and evaluations.
Preferred Experience & Education:
– A four year degree in related field.
– Member of clubs/organizations related to the beef cattle industry in a leadership position.
Preferred Competencies & Other Skills:
– Demonstrated ability to network in industry to put producers together to earn additional business and relationships.
– Strong public speaking skills.
Percentage of Travel: 25% over night travel, in addition to daily travel in the assigned geography.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land OLakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.