Purina Animal Nutrition – Strategic Account Sales Specialist (Dairy)- Fond du Lac, WI
Purina Animal Nutrition LLC (purinamills.com) is a national organization serving producers, animal owners and their families through more than 4,700 local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers throughout the United States. With an uncompromising commitment to animal excellence, Purina Animal Nutrition conducts industry-leading R&D initiatives that create and sustain a valued portfolio of complete feeds, supplements, premixes, ingredients and specialty technologies for the livestock and lifestyle animal markets. Species served by Purina Animal Nutrition include both large and small animals, including cattle, horses, swine, chickens, hamsters, gerbils and rabbits. Headquartered in Shoreview, Minn., Purina Animal Nutrition LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Land OLakes, Inc.
Manage the on-farm relationship and nutrition program& consulting services to the large herd dairy segment (300-700+ depending upon territory). Consistently grow your scope of influence via customer/industry referrals and by targeting key/large prospect herds. In this position you will be responsible for:
– Maintaining & developing producer relationships.
– Managing a targeted list of large, strategic producers.
– Developing strategies for growing controlled nutrition cows with aligned partner coop/dealer, utilize and leverage total farm team approach.
– Utilize resources aligned with the Strategic Account Team and the aligned coop/dealer to develop a growing group of clients.
– 4 year related ag degree – 3-5 years experience selling to and/or nutrition consulting with large/influential dairy herds.
– Experience with ration balancing systems required
– Strong people/communication skills – Extensive knowledge of dairy nutrition & management practices
– Drive/desire to operate as an influencer in the dairy industry
– Strong technical, problem solving skills
– Ability to foster spirit of teamwork with on/off farm influencers and related industry professionals supporting targeted operations
– Focused Business to Business skills that impact on farm/nutritional services supply relationships focused on performance and profitable partnerships
– Day travel within the territory- overnight travel as needed (up to 15%)
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land OLakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.