Reliability Maintenance Engineer / Sr. Engineer
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning “pertaining to life.” It signals our company”s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend on.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact.Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of “@zoetis.com”. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.The Reliability/Maintenance Engineer is responsible for providing the technical program leadership and implementation activities described below to maximize the maintenance related uptime and operating efficiencies of equipment and facility assets. These activities help minimize costs and contribute to the profitability and performance of the business. The Reliability/Maintenance Engineer monitors the status of their reliability maintenance program evolution relative to corporate program strategies. They provide measurements of program progress and effectiveness such as preventive maintenance, condition-based monitoring work, equipment uptime, overall equipment effectiveness and mean time between failures. The Reliability/Maintenance Engineer implements reliability maintenance program improvements for the assets under their responsibility. They facilitate the identification and communication of the root causes of losses in the operation of production, facility and utility processes. The Reliability/Maintenance Engineer is responsible for ranking the criticality of the assets under their care, typically using Reliability Centered Maintenance approaches, and for defining the proactive maintenance approaches that are cost beneficial to the business. Typical “maintenance approaches” include run to failure, clock and run time based preventive maintenance, condition monitoring approaches such as vibration analysis, oil analysis, thermography, ultrasonic analysis, and inspection routines including their content, and on-line alarm monitoring approaches where appropriate. The incumbent specifies parts, inventory quantities and the special storage requirements for critical spare parts. They represent reliability maintenance to other organizations and functions including Engineering Design, Production Operations, Procurement, Storeroom operations, new project commissioning, etc. They provide reliability maintenance input to Engineering Design to create designs which minimize life cycle costs. They develop procedures and specifications for the reliability maintenance aspects of existing and new equipment, and they help identify the work content of planned shutdowns.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES: * General Responsibilities
* Promotes the use of Reliability Engineering concepts and tools to the Engineering and Production departments. * Communicates changes and updates resulting from PMO activities, Strategy and Continuous Improvement efforts, and Project implementation activities * Change Control
* Generates change control documentation as required by reliability initiatives (i.e. Bad Actor reporting, FMEA, Projects, etc.) * Preventive Maintenance
* Establishes guidelines and specifications (i.e.: Task, Frequency, Materials, Skill, Calibration parameters, etc.) for properly implementing equipment Preventive Maintenance and equipment health activities. * Administers and oversees the PM / Calibration Optimization Program. Provides technical assistance and expertise to other maintenance engineers” assigned optimization activities to ensure compliance to program requirements. * Develops, changes, and initiates maintenance activities (PM, CBM, lubrication, calibration, training, and spare parts) as based on analysis results (FMEA / RCM) to improve performance and equipment availability. * Strategy and Continuous Improvement
* Identifies chronic equipment (classification based) deficiencies through “Bad Actor” and cost analysis, Failure Mode and Effect analysis (FMEA), and equipment history reviews. * Performs reliability analysis (FMEA / RCM) to identify root causes of chronic ongoing equipment issues. * Updates the Maintenance Strategy and Reliability Ranking Index for equipment as based upon reliability analysis (RCM or FMEA) and bad actor reporting. * Develops equipment reliability plans that reduce the number of failures and minimizes the effects of failures that do occur. * Responsible for updating the criticality ranking of the assets under their care, typically using results from Bad Actor reporting and analysis, PM / Calibration Optimization and Rationalization activies, and FMEA / RCM approaches. * Projects
* Provides Life Cycle Cost Modeling and Statistical Analysis to Project Engineering for equipment design and selection. * Provides “Design for Reliability” input to capital projects with respect to equipment specifications that create project approaches which minimize life cycle costs. * Equipment Standards
* Provides input and oversight to equipment standards. * Develops procedures and specifications for the reliability maintenance aspects for existing and new equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors degree (Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering, preferred) with 3 – 8 years” experience in a manufacturing environment. * Knowledge of respective reliability techniques, practices, precedents, theory and principles. * Demonstrated technical knowledge and expertise with drug product manufacturing and packaging equipment or utility systems and equipment (boilers, HVAC/R units, purified water systems, HEPA filtration). * Equipment reliability principles and PdM disciplines knowledge preferred. * Advanced computer use skills, knowledge of CMMS, Reliability, and NDT software tools preferred. * Demonstrated technical ca