Sales Manager (Food Group – Illinois)
The J.R. Simplot Company is currently seeking candidates for a Regional Sales Manager to be located in or around the Chicago metro area. Summary:The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for achieving revenue and profit goals for assigned geography, through the management and directing sales efforts through Foodservice distributors, strategic brokers and to large operators.
Focus is on developing and growing key product categories, driving sales for the portfolio of products that Simplot offers including frozen potato products, roasted and straight pack frozen fruits and vegetables, avocado products, dehydrated potato products, and specialty products.
Examples of key activities include sales meetings, professional product presentations, business reviews, new product introductions and negotiations.
The Regional Sales Manager must have proven success at building, nurturing and fostering business relationships at all levels of the distributor, broker and operator business.
This position may be required to manage and develop other sales people in the assigned area. Requirements:* The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree plus 5-10 years' experience selling in the Foodservice industry.
* Computer proficiency, presentation skills, financial aptitude, and solid selling skills are a requirement.
* The ability to build relationships across all levels, and across all types of clients will be crucial for success – with internal relationships being just as critical as external/client relationships.
* Experience and confidence in creating and executing business plans for an assigned region is critical.
* Experience leading other sales people is highly desired.
* Candidates with strong sales experience outside the Foodservice industry may also be considered if the overall experience profile meets our requirements.
* As this position is located within the assigned market, candidate must be a self-starter and be self-motivated, as they will operate out of a home office.
* Travel for this position will be up to 60% of the time. HOW TO APPLYInternal Simplot Candidates:Please apply via Employee Space to Job ID#3768External Candidates:Visit www.simplot.com/careersSelect Job SearchSelect Current OpportunitiesSelect All Open PositionsApply to Job ID#3768Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above.
For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document.
This process includes additional job-relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply. When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website.
If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at email@example.com. **The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**