Senior Manager, Distribution & Indirect Sales
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning “pertaining to life.” It signals our company”s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend on.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact.Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of “@zoetis.com”. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.Senior Manager, Distribution and Indirect Sales, shapes the overall strategy to strengthen operational capabilities within the indirect sales channel
* Leads strategic project initiatives and drives creative solutions in a complex environment.
* Anticipates change, plans for it and tackles potential problems in advance. Proactively identifies issues prior to escalation by cross functional teams.
* Develops analytics and KPIs to proactively monitor distributor program setup and sales submissions across our indirect channel. Applies technical acumen to identify root cause of issues in complex situations and offering solutions to permanently fix problems.
* Reviews distributor contract proposals and provides recommendations to Channel, Sales and Leadership teams on how best to support new strategies.
* Manages daily operations of the support team with responsibility for all distributor agreements, internal portal and accurate timely processing of indirect sales data.
* Oversees distributor chargeback/rebate calculations, payments and documentation ensuring SOX compliance. Works closely with Finance on the review/approval of rebate payments and provides program reporting in support of accruals.
* Serves as Zoetis AHI project representative and coordinates all EDI activities and sales processing with third party vendor (DXC). *
* Leads by example and fosters an environment that promotes colleague development, creative thinking, empowerment and two-way communication. *
* Ensures indirect sales system (Vistex, ISIS) continuity and identifies opportunities to build out internal capabilities and/or partner with external vendors.
* Builds team knowledge on indirect sales processes, distributor rebate programs, documentation requirements and related business systems.
* BS, BA degree required
* 8+ of experience in an Accounting, Finance or related function in professional operational environment. * Minimum 4+ years distribution and rebate experience. * Prior hands on knowledge and experience with Vistex, Model N, SAP, ISIS or similar system. * Working knowledge of key Zoetis programs (LE, MZR). * Experience in pharma/healthcare industry with expertise in supporting wholesaler service fees and chargebacks is strongly preferred. * Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills. * Experience working in a fast paced environment; effective in managing and prioritizing multiple assignments. * Strong customer service commitment and orientation are critical to this role. * Strong oral and written communication skills enabling effective communication across all management levels. * Ability to exercise good judgment and make thoughtful/fair decisions based on relevant information. * Ability to attend AHI project, key distributor and internal meetings (10%).