Senior Trader & Risk Manager
Bunge Limited (www.bunge.com, NYSE: BG) is a leading global agribusiness and food company operating in over 40 countries with approximately 32,000 employees. Bunge buys, sells, stores and transports oilseeds and grains to serve customers worldwide; processes oilseeds to make protein meal for animal feed; produces edible oil products for consumers and commercial customers in the food processing, industrial and artisanal bakery, confectionery, human nutrition and food service categories; produces sugar and ethanol from sugarcane; mills wheat, corn and rice to make ingredients used by food companies; and sells fertilizer in South America. Founded in 1818, the company is headquartered in White Plains, New York.Position Summary:This position is viewed as the risk manager for the North America grain business unit. The individual in this position will focus on managing futures positions and financial risk. Core Functions:Direct flat price trading for the North America region grains franchise, both strategic trading and assisting in hedging of cash positions.Focus on relative value and spread tradingDrive creativity in the office around thought processes and approach to problemsAt this role’s discretion, desk heads can maintain small flat price positions (ideally <25% of total position), but the risk and PNL associated with those positions will still be responsibility of Senior Trader & Risk Manager- BNA GrainsResponsible for risk discovery, definition, and mitigation within North America region grains franchise.Responsibility includes risks and is not only futures related. Items such as barge freight and weather impact on logistics and lending income are examples of risks that can be measured financially, and are items that warrant creative problem solving.Work closely with cash desk heads to synthesize information and inform trading decisions. Drive conversations on risk and positioning within the team. Thoroughly explain decision making and models to the team. Automate and organize company- wide information into easily understandable metrics on the market and definition of risk-weighted returns.Perform post-mortems on closed trading positions to identify what worked, what failed, and how we can extract lessons learned.Institute at least one (but likely multiple) regimented trading strategies that we can measure and use. Develop a way to allocate capital amongst strategies. Responsible for daily position management & reporting90% focus on futures trading, both directional and relative value. Remaining 10% will be cash focused, mainly taking the futures opinion and translating into cash trading strategy or tactics. Skill/Experience Requirements:Bachelor’s Degree in math, statistics, computer/data science, or econometrics/financeExperience managing a trading book with PNL responsibility in commodities or financial instrumentsVBA, R, Cobra, or similar coding skillsExperience in database management. LIM experience would be a bonusBunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledApply for this job.