Sr. Manager, Client Partner / Solution Engineer, ITS
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning “pertaining to life.” It signals our company”s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.Zoetis Information Technology Solutions (ITS) is hiring a Client Partner / Solutions Engineer for a critical role supporting Commercial Genetics. This is a rapidly expanding division for Zoetis where innovative systems provided the catalyst for growth selling information based products.
This role will be responsible for delivering strong information technology expertise along with innovative solutions achieving business objectives. This role will report to the Director, Business Partner for Commercial Genetics in R&D/Genetics facility located in Kalamazoo, MI. The initial focus of this role is to program manage and collaborate with other members of the team on the design and delivery a global project that will be replacing an aging business system with the latest state of the art technology. This solution will be developed using the most current cloud, database and workflow based technologies providing scalability for future products and business expansion. Once completed this person will oversee the management of enhancements and future capabilities of this and other relevant system. Responsibilities Program Management / Business Partnership:
* Program manages a substantial software development program with the initial release to be delivered in Q4 2017. This will be a transformation effort for the genetics business and ITS. * Manages Zoetis selected integration partners (external and internal) in the design and development of this program. * Coordinates with business personnel on collecting requirements and specfications for the architectural design and development of this project. * Works across all areas Information Technology Services within Zoetis (Application Hosting, Data Management, Network, etc.) in the development and implementation of this new solution. * Translates business requirements into technical solution requirements. * Has technical expertise for management, planning, design and implementation of information architecture domain to ensure alignment with business strategy – tools, guidelines, principles, policies and governance. * Directing external software integrators and Managed Service Providers (MSP) for the development and follow-on support of the program.
* Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization and manage expectations as needed. * Collaborate with business customers, solutions delivery providers and shared service groups to design and deliver quality solutions and maintain necessary service levels. * Works to realize full business value of solutions and services through a deep knowledge of business process design, and change management. Financial Management:
* Responsible for project and support budgets, ensures effective financial management including procurement of services and forecasting of expenses.
* Responsible for project accruals and tracking project expenditures. Qualifications (Training, Education & Prior Experience) Education and Experience: * Minimum: Undergraduate degree in computer science, information technology, or Bioinformatics * Desired: Advanced degree in information technology, business administration, or Bioinformatics, Project Management Certification * 7-10+ years of relevant experience.
* Must show evidence of excellent skills in leadership, strategic planning, relationship management, verbal and written communications and customer focus * Experience in managing / directing large program initiatives * Architectural experience in two or more core enterprise solutions (ERP, CRM, Workflow Management, Information Management, Cloud Computing and eCommerce) * Experience in High Performance Computing and Cloud based technologies developing scalable systems. * Deep experience supporting the design or building of data and information strategies, architecture, modeling and database design, preferably enterprise level information /data solutions or architecture projects. * Demonstrated experience of full information lifecycle for data warehousing and business * Experience in defining and enabling Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) (preferred) * Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships. * Must show evidence of excellent skills in leadership, strategic planning, relationship management, verbal and written communications and customer focus. * Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of management and actively participate on leadership teams. Technical Competencies: * Demonstrated experience with Enterprise Architecture Modeling and how it is used to define business processes and systems with a combined vision for the future. * Experience in designing and building business solutions in cloud computing environments (i.e. Amazon Web Services) * Experience with utilizing and integrating systems with eCommerce Tools (i.e. SAP Hybris) * Experience with design of workflows using Business Process Managements tools (i.e. Activiti, Informatica) * Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems (i.e. Sales and Service Cloud) and integration of systems to them * Experience conceptualizing and executing information, catalog, reference and master/reference data environments and taxonomy projects.