Strategic Account Manager
The US Cattle and Equine Business Unit is one of the largest businesses within Zoetis” worldwide operations. We focus on maximizing the value of our broad veterinary and producer solutions portfolio by building and sustaining relevant partnerships with veterinarians and producer owners. Based on our business model and operating environment we bring more than just medicines, services, and expertise to the marketplace – we deploy a range of targeted activities to support our solutions offerings in meeting the needs of our customers. These activities include the account management of large business to business accounts that require the leadership of an internal account team that may span multiple specialties and reporting lines. The Strategic Account Manager will be the lead for resource deployment according to the account plan and opportunities. They are responsible for managing a dedicated team that develop novel offerings that differentiate us from competitors.
Selling Skills / Financial Performance / Technical Knowledge * Responsible for developing and growing business partnerships with all business units of the assigned customer(s). This approach will include but not be limited to:
* In-depth understanding of the customer as demonstrated and communicated through a comprehensive business plan and monthly reports * Conducting “C Suite” interactions that deepen our strategic partnerships and Zoetis portfolio specification * Demonstrating the value of our portfolio through a thorough understanding of our customer”s management and business processes and the steps necessary to demonstrate value.
* Effective use and data and call entry of all appropriate CRM (“Touchpoint”) and analytics (Excel, etc.) functionality. * Develops, coordinates and guides the Account(s) strategy, which is designed to position Zoetis as a “Partner of Choice” and optimize revenue for all key products, within assigned account(s). * Proactively seizes selling opportunities by demonstrating the ability to move seamlessly between technical product expertise and business development discussions; this includes consistently demonstrate Solution Selling skills. * Work with various Corporate Account stakeholders from procurement, CFO, CEO, President, Owner, General Manager, Procurement, Marketing and operations for strategic planning and resource deployment to create mutual growth for our emphasis solutions.
Business Planning, Resource Allocation and Optimization * Leads all aspects of Strategic Account”s business plan execution. * Conduct quarterly business reviews with ABM and TBMs and routinely adjust the strategies, tactics, and investments based on changing needs to maximize territory and account performance. * Meet field activity expectations including sales call activity and investment in continual education/process improvement programs * Develop and execute a call-plan at the account level that touches on all influencers within the customers leadership team * Negotiates and manages contracts with the assigned account(s) to optimize business results and increase penetration * Demonstrated ability to effectively gain internal and external support through value enhanced interaction with local teams, customers and KOL”s. * Works with all relevant Zoetis stakeholders/depts. (including but not limited to: Technical Service, local field force teams- DPS, TBM, QMS, LPS, PF, Outcomes Research, Marketing Team, Pricing Team, Business Operations, Zoetis Sr. Management) to influence product/service positioning and working to support the account(s) and Zoetis” best interests. * Responsibly manage all resources (human capital, rebates, discounts, resources (Research, Samples PEI funds, etc) to ensure we maximize growth opportunities and profitability in corporate accounts Strategic Account Team Leadership/Teamwork, Collaboration and Coordination * Builds strong collaborative relationships with all SA members, customers and across Zoetis. * Frequent (at least quarterly) collaboration with RBD”s, ABM”s, technical service and outcomes research leaders to “mainstream” corporate accounts pull-through, enhance field execution, and plan events / demand creation activitiesEffectively Leads SA Team Meetings. * Work with Territory, Area, and Zoetis colleagues in a professional manner to include consistent meeting expectations around integrity/compliance, work-ethic, role/responsibility, conduct/attire, effective communication/informing, all administrative responsibilities, and overall teamwork. * In-depth understanding of the customer as demonstrated and communicated through a comprehensive business plan * Demonstrating the value of our portfolio through a thorough understanding of our customer”s needs, segments they sell into and the steps necessary to demonstrate value.
* Demonstrate a high level of open communication and collaboration with the Zoetis Accounts Team and local area teams and TBM. * Identify needs and market opportunities with Accounts and brand marketing teams; ideally aligned with broader solutions initiatives to include appropriate messaging, human capital needs, production outcomes, risk mitigation initiatives, financial and strategic strength.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS * The position requires the ability to call on FeedMills, Dealers, Feed Manufacturers, Distribution, Beef Producers and all supporting influencers (Veternarian and Nutritionists) * The position also requires the ability to work with internal colleagues effectively as a team – Beef/Dairy/Pork colleagues that share in account responsibilities and are critical to the success of creating pull through demand EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Undergraduate degree (BS/BA) required * Masters Degree is preferred but not required
* 7+ years of related experience including sales, account management, sales management * Animal Health experience and knowledge of Beef production experience is preferred TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS * In depth business and financial understanding of account base and key production economic indicators
* Excellent oral, written and verbal communication skills * Experience in Beef Operations * Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word * Project / Process management experience PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS Note the physical conditions in which work will be performed, if applicable to the position. Examples: Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, ability to travel, drive, unusual attendance requirements, weekend work or travel requirements, etc. * The position will require a valid drivers license * Willingness to drive to customer locations across defined geography – Producer, Feedmill & dealer * Requires individual to be able to work in a producer, feedmill or dealer * Requires individual to be willing to work with cattle from basic husbandry and behavioral observation * Ability and willingness to travel overnight approximately at least 50% of the time to include some weekendsZoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning “pertaining to life.” It signals our company”s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock prod