Technical Project Manager
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning “pertaining to life.” It signals our company”s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend on.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact.Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of “@zoetis.com”. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.Position SummaryThe Technical Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the timely transfer of newly developed processes into manufacturing sites, including production and Quality Control groups. They partner with VMRD to ensure the research and development groups understand and take accountability of the limitations of the manufacturing area”s in the development of the new products. Ensure projects are executed safely, on time, and on budget.The position must also develop and execute technology transfer projects between internal Zoetis site and also external CMO sites as requiredThe position must also ensure that site GMT continuous improvement projects are well scoped, planned, resourced and prioritized.Establishing efficient reporting cadence on project execution is an important feature of this role Position ResponsibilitiesWith minimal supervision provide technical project management support for new products introductions, site to site technology transfer”s and continuous improvements projects. * Leading up to 5 projects simultaneously with medium levels of complexity. * Provide single point of accountability to represent GMS during Discovery and Development phases for new products in development by the Veterinary Medicines Research and Development (VMRD) group in Zoetis.
* Delivering the portfolio of new products to the business by leading the co-development and launch teams. * Provide project leadership for technology transfers between the manufacturing sites. * Co-ordinating the process scientists on site to develop project plans that will support their continuous improvement projects * Management of the system for continous improvement projects evaluation, execution and reporting. * Work with site leadership to select and manage project prioritization. * Planning and budgeting project resources required to execute projects to meet project timeline. * Developing and maintaining project management best practice globally. * Promote and ensure global project management standards are developed and adhered to. * Train and support others in project management tools and best practices. * Report out frequently on the progress of projects to senior management and call out area”s of concern or support needed to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget. * Technical liaison to both internal and external sites as needed.
* Work with other team leaders on sharing of technical knowledge across the businesses supported by team.
* Responsible for working with US, International and EU Regulatory groups within Zoetis to develop and execute strategies for filing, defending, and launching new products * Some travel may be required Education and Experience * BS degree in biology/microbiology, Bioscience engineering, chemistry or chemical engineering is required.
* 5 years of industry experience, minimum of 3 years directly applicable job experience in vaccine and biopharmaceutical manufacturing * Three or more years of experience in general and technical management of projects with demonstrated ability to resolve technical issues, addresses validation requirements, prepares and administers budgets.
* Demonstrated expertise in areas of Biological sciences including production, Quality control, Compliance, Regulatory Affairs and Biological Research and development will be considered strongly.
* Additional key attributes desired are demonstrated ability to function and influence in a team/matrix environment, good interpersonal skills, communication skills, and computer skills
Technical Skills and Competencies * Demonstrated expertise in Project management including the use of project management tools. Prior people leadership experience is a plus. * Project management qualification is desirable * In depth technical knowledge of cell culture, fermentation, aseptic vaccine drug product formulation and fill finish, including lyophilisation processes and the equipment used. * Understanding and appreciation of the complexities of analytical and biological methods used to test biological products. * Working knowledge of key regulatory authorities (USDA, EMA, VMD and FDA).
* Working knowledge of SAP and Trackwise an advantage Physical Position RequirementsRequirements: * Lifting * Sitting * International travel may be required * Standing * Walking * Gowning into production areas