Value Stream Engineer
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning “pertaining to life.” It signals our company”s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend on.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact.Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of “@zoetis.com”. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.POSITION SUMMARYThe Value Stream Manufacturing Product Support engineer will work within the B156 Value stream to support manufacturing operations and identify and implement efficiency, safety, quality and/or cost improvements (CIP”s) on equipment and processes.
* Act as a subject matter expert (SME) and possesses the ability to analyze filling, packaging and inspection processes for reproducibility, ruggedness, and root cause failure. The role will also serve as an SME for automation inspection equipment.
* Exercise judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate actions. * Ability to work in cross-functional teams to support the value-stream operation with a focus on deliverables, timelines, and meeting customer expectations.
* Lead and author deviation investigations to identify root causes and implement corrective actions.
* Execute validation and line trials to support projects, including the authoring of change control documents. Understanding of safety requirements for B156 materials. * Provide project management of technical projects to deliver projects on time and to budget. * Assist with the authoring of batch records, protocols and SOPs. * Help scope capital projects for filling and packaging equipment and help identify innovative technologies * Technical writing skills are required.
* Self-starter requiring minimal supervision to complete tasks essential. * Facility support may be required during non-routine hours. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Degree Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or related field * 5+ Experience in drug product manufacturing, packaging and automated inspections processes is preferred.
* Leadership: knowledgeable of basic leadership principles * Language Skills: Effective written and oral communication * Computer Skills: Microsoft Applications. Experience with Autocad or related software is preferred * Work Environment: Office environment, with frequent time in the manufacturing area. Use of hearing and eye protection is required. Gowning is required when working in GMP manufacturing environments. * Lean six-sigma experience is preferred * Candidate cannot be allergic to Cephalosporin or Penicillin products.