Veterinary Dermatologist, Veterinary Professional Services
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning “pertaining to life.” It signals our company”s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend on.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact.Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of “@zoetis.com”. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.POSITION: Veterinary Dermatologist, Veterinary Professional Services- Petcare East Region DIVISION: Veterinary Professional Services, U.S. Petcare POSITION LOCATION: East Region TRAVEL: 50-60% Major Metro Areas in the East: E.G: Chicago, Detroit, Columbus, Indianapolis, Boston, New York, Baltimore, Washington DC. Major Purpose
* To provide superior customer education and scientific support so that Zoetis may achieve a sustainable competitive advantage. * Serve as a scientific advisor to Petcare commercial operations team on products, services, and matters which relate to dermatology. * Provide dermatology education to veterinarians and technicians throughout the U.S., stressing the medically appropriate diagnosis and treatment of dermatology patients, and the optimal use of Zoetis products to provide the best patient and client care. * Enhance scientific and professional image of Zoetis.
Principal Job Duties (Describe key job responsibilities required to fulfill the major purpose of the job.) Zoetis Values and Leader Behaviors:
* Demonstrate Zoetis values and leader behaviors within Petcare Veterinary Professional Services Team and Zoetis.
* Work effectively in the east region to provide field support. Work with sales teams in the east to provide education, training, promotion of the medically appropriate use of Zoetis dermatology treatments to veterinary customers, engage and build relationships with key opinion leaders Provide veterinary specialist perspective to presentations and consultations.
* Play an active role in identifying key customers/influencers and in devising and executing key dermatology strategies in support of the Strategic Accounts and in collaboration with Sales, Veterinary Professional Services, and Marketing. Customer Requests for Information:
* Respond in a comprehensive and in a timely fashion to customer (internal and external) requests for information, feedback, and needs (e.g. VMIPS, Marketing, Sales, Veterinary Professional Services,, Key Opinion Leaders, Veterinarians) . Presentations:
* Identify, develop, and deliver scientific and technical presentations/seminars, handouts, teleconference presentations, and wetlabs to external audiences (veterinarians and technicians in all Zoetis Petcare accounts).
* Be recognized as a popular and credible speaker (National veterinary conferences, VMAs) and as a National Dermatology KOL. Marketing Support:
* Serve as trusted technical and strategic advisor to marketing and Petcare Veterinary Specialty Operations and be recognized as integral member of assigned product/market teams. * Work with dermatology medical lead and marketing to develop strategies to best support and defend our products against competitors New Product Marketing Interface:
* Be recognized as a vital contributor to project teams as assigned. * Provide veterinary dermatology project support to US marketing, new products international marketing and major accounts team * Contribute ideas, study designs and feedback to research and development on new and existing products Training / Education:
* As requested, take an active role working with Learning & Development, Veterinary Specialty Operations, Veterinary Professional Services Team in developing training curricula for sales and Professional Services Veterinarians and in designing educational programs to be delivered by others for our external customers. * Create educational materials and provide training to Zoetis professional services veterinarians, veterinary product support team and sales teams on dermatology * Educate regionally and nationally on dermatology topics while supporting East region sales teams Colleges of Veterinary Medicine:
* With input and agreement from Director and considering business needs, establish collaborative working relationships with key faculty at colleges of veterinary medicine; establish reputation as credible spokesperson among academicians; seek and maintain adjunct professorships when possible. Professional / Customer Organizations:
* With input and agreement from Director, become active in professional/specialty/customer organizations by serving on committees, boards and commissions or as an officer or speaker on the organizations behalf Personal Development:
* Stay current in assigned areas of veterinary medicine; with Director, formulate and implement personal development plan Other Project / tasks:
* Perform other job related activities as assigned by Director * Be able to advise and persuade management at all levels of Zoetis on technical issues.
Required Job related candidate qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills) * Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree or equivalent * Recognized veterinary specialist (board certification in dermatology) * 6-8 years post doctoral experience in clinical practice, academia, research or industry * Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills * Excellent organizational and computer skills * High degree of emotional intelligence * Ability to travel 50-60%: * Occasio