Veterinary Specialist – Medical Lead for Parasitology
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning “pertaining to life.” It signals our company”s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend on.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact.Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of “@zoetis.com”. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.POSITION: Veterinary Specialty Operations (Medical Lead for Parasitology) The Veterinary Specialty Operations is a team under the Veterinary Professional Services division and is composed of a group of talented therapeutic medical experts who partner with marketing brand managers to develop strategies for the brands they support, lead technical projects, and are the medical leads in reviewing educational and advertising/promotional materials for the companion animal line of innovative new and marketed products/services. The team members have a high level of technical and business expertise in specific therapeutic areas and therefore are utilized strategically in the field to provide education to customers and support of the sales force. This role is highly collaborative, working in a matrixed environment with numerous internal and external stakeholders.
* Strategic Marketing Brand Support
* Provide medical expertise in parasitology products to the brand team and other groups within Zoetis * Gain an understanding of the brand objectives and proactively work with the team on the strategic development and implementation of marketing plans, and product responses to competitors * Co-lead planning and execution of marketing programs and other product focused workgroups (Customer Implementation Team meetings (CIT) and Operational Planning) * As a leader within a team, proactively and continuously provide strategic input into respective marketing teams including marketing and technical directors and product managers as to technical/medical and business gaps and needs for aligned brands * Co-lead with marketing brand managers on strategies to support future innovative product launches * Work with a cross-functional team to evaluate new business development opportunities * Proactively identify solutions to meet unmet needs to the brand team/business and lead the necessary change * Provide insight to the respective brand teams where conflicts and synergies exist across the Zoetis portfolio * Create technical content for assigned product and services * Lead the Therapeutic Focus Group team of veterinary colleagues.
* External Customers and Field Force Support
* Lead key customer activities and meetings based on brand strategy plans (e.g. lead on advisory board meetings, KOL development and engagement, customer education/training meetings on aligned products)
* Collaborative Partnerships With Key Opinion Leaders * Work across Zoetis to collaboratively support projects which will build KOL alliances and provide additional opportunities for KOL development * Identify, develop and engage top Key Opinion Leaders and develop a plan on how to continually engage these KOLs in studies, advisory boards or speaking opportunities dependent on marketing priorities and budget * Lead efforts in organizing and executing meetings with speakers/KOLs (e.g. advisory boards, speaker bureaus), dependent on marketing budget * Lead the efforts in developing and maintaining relationships with KOLs that are strategic influencers. Collaborate with Veterinary Professional Services teams to identify new leaders as well as help support these relationships from the field level.
* Study Development with VMRD & External Key Opinion Leaders * Identify technical/medical and business gaps and needs for assigned products * Establish liaison relationships with key animal health organizations critical to the product/therapeutic area supported and to promote and enhance the image of Zoetis * Identify future trends and market place dynamics and work across functional teams to develop a data generation/study plan [Phase IV (studies to support marketed products), Phase III studies (new claims), Outcomes Research] to address these needs * Work with internal R&D and/or KOLs on development, submission, and execution of study proposals as well as keeping projects and budgeting on track
* Internal Customers: Partnerships and Training/Education * Present technical seminars to colleagues within Zoetis * Advise and assist Learning and Development with both strategic focus and technical content of training programs and materials to assure consistency and clarity of key marketing messages and the medical appropriateness of product usage * Identify needs for new and enhanced technical presentations and assume a leadership role in their development
* Organizational Effectiveness * Demonstrate the ability to lead and successfully guide implementation and execution of initiatives with minimal oversight through effective understanding and ability to function within the organizational structure. * Demonstrate ongoing and strong relationships with assigned brand teams and other key stakeholders (including Major Accounts, Outcomes Research, Commercial Development and Lifecycle Innovation, Regulatory Affairs, VMIPS, VMRD, Veterinary Professional Services) * Proficient at project management, creation of technical content, ability to act decisively, meet project deadlines, ability to manage conflict effectively. * Lead and facilitate multi-disciplinary groups; advise and influence management at all levels of Zoetis on technical issues.
* Effectively participate and demonstrate leadership in project teams, assuming the